Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Break Out of My Shell

Canon EOS Rebel T2i, 100 mm 2.8 macro, 2.8 aperture, 1/50 shutter, 100 ISO

 Sometimes I feel like I'm always put into situations (or putting myself in situations) that makes me the "new kid on the block." Whether it's changing grade levels, or starting graduate classes, or putting myself out there to make new friends... Will I fit in? Will I appear smart and competent? Will people value my opinion? It takes a while for me to warm up enough to let people see the "real" me, but when I am ready, I like to think that I am like a cicada- that I break out of my shell.


I know in the long run, being shy or holding back doesn't do anyone (including me) any good. And all I have to show for it... a fragile, empty shell that just gets left behind anyway.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
-2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment